Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Trying to perceive beauty a bit closer...

Beauty is a dream-like term. I try to feel it, see it, smell it, hear it, most times i fail, while only a few times i am successful in doing so. It's indefinite, shadowy, and i wont make futile attempts of describing beauty with tough beautiful words. I wont be putting up beautiful pictures in this post, since the most beautiful pictures one perceives is in his/her dreams or imaginations.

Let me start writing brief incidents from my life to get more closer to the unfathomable-perceivable "BEAUTY".

I have seen people associating beauty with women. But from a woman's heart, i have seen many men's face to be illumined with the glow of beauty. Well, the glow cant be seen visibly, but i felt it. Whenever i see the tall lean dusky skinned labourer working day and night to dress up the ugly wounds of the apartment next to mine, i feel it's beauty. His muddy skin full of mud, cement, sweat makes him look very real. After day's toil when his maalik gives him his money for the day, and he smiles widely, that's beautiful, i tell you.

My aunty had a traumatic marriage and now she is battling against it. Attending hearing sessions is tough. Requires a lot of mental patience and strength. She is a middle aged woman of 40, little fat, petite, with a blunt nose and some marks of acne on her not so young skin. She comes to me often to share what happened in court, what lawyer said. After circling the court numerous times, it took 2 years to finally get rid of that relation. She came to me that very day, with a packet of rasgullas. She wore a pink colored tant sari with some works on it in white. She smiled like an innocent small kid, and stated everything. Breeze blew drowsily. refreshing her. She smiled with all her heart and talked a lot. She seemed to me to be the most beautiful woman i have ever met.

I had a pet cat,a long time back. I had spent many beautiful days with it. It looked the most beautiful creature to me. It caressed me, spent time with me, shared some happy and saddy moments with me silently. I used to gaze at it for hours and even now i spend sometime by seeing it's picture or by feeling it near me. Those moments were beauty itself.

I had a teacher when i was in school. He was a nice charming young man full of enthusiasm. He was dark complexioned with sharp features and deep set eyes. Eyes which could see beyond the Ganges or the Himalayas perhaps. Malignant neoplasm was detected soon after in him. I visited his house once or twice after that. He was once handsome, but after getting frequent chemo, his figure got shadowy, he stopped and walked slowly at his own pace. But when i sat facing him in his balcony, the day-light was still kissing the sky, and it was not yet dark. I noticed in him a strange mystical glow. He looked paler but his eyes were warm, full of pride. Death was not far behind. But why did his eyes speak of warmth and had pride in them? Does Death make a man feel proud? I know not. But yes, it was beauty for me. I could see both the heaven and earth in his eyes.

I see a prostitute every evening standing beside the huge tree. She must be of my age, in her early 20s. I cant see her real face, since it's covered with tons of notably mismatched foundation and powder, making her look almost washed out and white. But once while passing by, i caught a glimpse of her eyes. Behind the dark eyeliner and mascara, there shone a pair of innocent eyes full of purity. Those eyes were immaculate, and i have not seen such eyes in many of the chaste women and girls, i have ever met. For a moment, i felt it was beauty!

I dont believe that beauty can only be seen, it can be perceived with all your senses. Anything which makes you feel on top of the world, or makes you forget the whole world is beauty in itself. Its unearthly, yet very much to be perceived in earth. Its perfect, yet you can find beauty in anything and everything full of flaws or devoid of. It may be ethereal, yet very earthly, very homely. There's beauty in everything and we all are beautiful. It's just that, some beauties can be perceived easily, while others remain imperceivable!

I have promised myself to do anything which makes me feel beautiful, while trying to perceive beauty in and around me.


**THIS IS A BIT DIFFERENT POST FROM THE REGULAR ONES THAT I USUALLY POST HERE. THIS POST IS A CONTEST ENTRY FOR THE INDIBLOGGER DOVE CONTEST "What does real beauty mean to you". ANY RESEMBLANCE TO PERSON LIVING OR DEAD IS A MERE COINCIDENCE**

Copyright © Ahana aEsThEtIcS


Dove Real Beauty on Yahoo! India











No comments:

Post a Comment