Friday, May 11, 2012

The Lakme Diva Blogger Contest - How Would You Live It Up This Summer!

I met Kyra on facebook, on the official page of Lakme www.facebook.com/ilovelakme. It was a virtual meeting held online. Just like me, Kyra is a makeup maven, she is doing Diploma in Esthetics from Lakme Training Academy in Mumbai. After exchanging a lot of pictures of different makeup looks done, we shared phone number. And via phone calls, my friendship with Kyra got stronger. She is from Mumbai, while me from Kolkata, but that never posed a hurdle for us in our friendship.

We decided to go on a trip to Goa. You can guess for yourself how much we would be having fun while vacationing! After all, its going to be a total girly trip for 3 days. I took my pet cat Rinks with me, and started towards Goa. At the airport, Kyra was standing for me. That was the first time, I saw her in real. She is a pretty woman indeed! With a tall svelte figure, and golden locks she looked very beautiful in a teal t-shirt teamed up with a pair of shorts and a flip-flop.

Since Elena lives in Mumbai, she took the responsibility of booking a hotel room for both of us. Also as I am a student,Kyra was the one contributing 70% of the total expenditure for the trip. We checked in a simple yet cosy hotel, and I was once again very impressed with Kyra’s choice of hotel. It was quite chic yet within budget. After getting fresh we changed to casual attires, Kyra wore a mauve ruffle dress, while I put on a flouncy dress in pink color. Kyra took out Lakme Sun Expert Fairness+UV Lotion SPF 50 PA+++ from her make-up kitty, and handed over to me, saying “Heya..use this. It will make your skin satin like, contains lemon and cucumber. Try!” Well after trying it, I have written a review on Lakme Sun Expert Fairness+UV Lotion SPF 50 PA+++, you can find out the review here – http://lifestyleentertainmentblogs.blogspot.in/2012/05/lakme-sun-expert-fairness-uv-lotion-spf.html

We hired a cab, and went out for shopping. Rinks was on my lap, trying to smell the lemony odour of the sunscreen which I had applied on my face. Kyra took me to super market, and we had a fantastic time. I bought masala cashews, few silver accessories, and a silk carpet. As the sun retreated, we too began moving towards our hotel room. Kyra told me to take evening bath as it was so hot even after sunset. I found Lakme Sun Expert After Sun Skin Lightening Mask in the closet, I knew being a Lakme addict, Kyra has got all Lakme products with her even while travelling. Just to try it out, I applied the mask, and I am totally in love with it. I purchased the mask for me too after coming back home. Here’s the review – http://lifestyleentertainmentblogs.blogspot.in/2012/05/lakme-sun-expert-after-sun-skin.html

We had Goanese food for our dinner. It was delicious! I cant forget the taste of ‘bebinca’, a sweet dish. Also I am very fond of the Goanese seafood ‘Racheiado’. In this dish, a whole pomfret fish is slitted in the centre, and red spicy sauce is stuffed inside it. While Kyra enjoyed the drink – cashew feni the most.

On the next day, we got busy with sight seeing. First we went to see Fort Aguada, and then spent time on the Candolim Beach. There were lot of foreigneers, enjoying the rays of the sun on their body. After taking meal at a nearby eatery, Kyra joined a group of young girls who were playing something similar to volley ball at the beach. I am not into sports, so I preferred to sit back and enjoy the game, while Kyra hopped and jiggled with the girls.

Only one more day was left of the Goa trip, and I began feeling a bit gloomy about it. This fun trip with Kyra , reminded me of my school days, and my class mates. Life moves on, and friends too. Some go away, while others make an entry in your heart. Certainly I would make an effort to help our friendship last forever, may be I and Kyra are destined to be best friends forever.

On the last day of the vacation, we decided to spend the day in our hotel room. Kyra shared a lot of things about her life, and I shared mine. I told Kyra ,” Tomorrow onwards we would be back to normal life. Try to keep in touch. I know a different world awaits you in Mumbai. But I really enjoyed a bit of freedom from studies and work, and from the hustle bustle of the city life. Thanks for taking all initiative.” I wished her all luck to be a famous aesthetician of India, and may her salon business run really well.

Next morning, Kyra helped me to hire a cab, as I with Rinks would be starting off for Kolkata. I was on my way to the airport. The good bye bidding moment was a bit emotional for both the girls, but I have strong conviction that I will meet Kyra soon.

As my cab started speedily, the tall coconut trees moved far away. Some Goanese children who were playing at the roadside, waved at me smilingly, I waved back. Before leaving, Kyra gave me a pendant of Jesus Christ as a gift, I opened the bag, and took it out, and held it tightly in my palm. When I looked at it, it seemed Christ was looking at me with a half hearted smile, the silver pendant was shining brightly in the sunrays. My eyes got moistened. We people work a lot everyday, keeping in mind, the holidays which awaits after hectic days full of running, shouting, unfulfilled desires and long-lost connections and relationships, which comes as a fresh breeze refreshing and brigtening our life with renewed vigour. Each holiday is special, it gives a man, enthusiasm to work hard during his work days. I promised myself to work and study hard after going back to home, so that I could have such a beautiful holiday!

I will be looking forward to Lakme to bestow such wonderful oppurtunities of writing about holidays. Though I don’t have a friend like Kyra yet. But the day is not far behind when I will be on a trip to Goa with a dear friend, and the friend can be anyone who is reading my post. Would you like to be the one?
Check out Lakme on facebook - www.facebook.com/ilovelakme
Copyright © aEsThEtIcS

1 comment: