Tuesday, July 10, 2012

REVIEW of Lakme Absolute Sun-kissed Bronzer

RATING – 3 OUT OF 10
Endowed with a plumpier face, I always felt the need of contouring my face well for videos. Well honestly speaking, I don’t use bronzers on a daily basis, infact I use bronzers and highlighters generally for videos and not for personal use. I got the Lakme Absolute Sun-kissed bronzer 2 months back, but I was lazy enough to write about it.

Indian cosmetic market has a dearth of branded bronzers and highlighters, though I generally get them locally from wholesale markets, though those products are generally not branded! But those are cheap and serves the purpose of video makeup, and applying on others.

So I thought of buying the NYX Bronzer at first but later on thought of splurging on a desi brand rather than a videshi brand. Patriotic feelings, you know!! But get rid of such fake feelings, cause obviously I find now that it was an idiotic act of mine which led to a total wastage of money. I am not all happy with the Lakme Absolute Sun-kissed bronzer. Don’t be fooled by the picture posted above.

What Lakme claims about the product? – Luxurious face and body bronzing duo that gives you a natural sun-kissed glow with its micro-fine velvet pearls for a luminousity that lasts all day.

The surface of the Lakme Absolute Sun-kissed bronzer looks intricate and crispy. But I could not make out the color differences as shown in the picture. I mean I am not after an orangish brown bronzer, I wanted a real bronzer, but this is very shiny and looks orangish when swatched or applied on cheeks.

The packaging looks like a compact powder case with see-through lid. Lakme does not provide any puff or blush or contour brush. Lakme Absolute Sun-kissed bronzer is highly pigmented and smooth. The bronzer also comes with a leaflet inside where the application process has been described in details.

One sweep of the Lakme Absolute Sun-kissed bronzer is sufficient. You might find the color to be copper toned, but it definitely has orange tint in it, which sucks!! Upon blending you get a nice sheen, but then that’s another disliking feature for me, since I would be topping the bronzer with a nice blush, and the sheen in bronzer makes the cheeks look BURNT from some angles. It costs INR Rs 600 for 9 gm of the product.

So my experience with Lakme Absolute Sun-kissed bronzer turned out to be miserable! I don’t wanna look cheek-burnt. And I don’t think I will be using it to bronze my body. So what else, its lying on a dark corner of my vanity storage, I dint give it a second try.

I really don’t know how come other beauty bloggers raved about this bronzer, while my personal experience says a whole different story! Is the “patriotic feeling” or “free goodies”?
Copyright © aEsThEtIcS
Summer Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment