Saturday, June 16, 2012

MAC Hey Sailor Lipsticks ## Sail La Vie


PICTURE COURTESY : MAC COSMETICS
Swatch of MAC Sail La Vie Lipstick
RATING – 8 OUT OF 10

An orangish red lipstick was the one which I have been dreaming of for a long time. A perfect combination of the hues of orange and red is surreal. And I was elated when I got Sail La Vie from MAC Hey Sailor collection. This collection has 4 lip shades including Sail La Vie. And is priced at US $ 15 for 3g or 0.1 US Oz.

What MAC claims about MAC Hey Sailor Lipsticks : Colour plus texture for the lips. Stands out on the runway. Simmers on the street...or at sea! Packaged in blue and white stripes, it's a match to everything..

The other shades of MAC Hey Sailor Lipsticks are “Red Racer” which is a bright red, “Salute” a peachy color, “To catch a sailor” which is a tanned frosted lip color. I got the lipstick Sail La Vie from one of my acquaintances who lives abroad and came to India on vacation. I just got to check the shade, and click a picture and wear it for a day. I checked online on MAC cosmetics website, but the lipsticks are already out of stock. And I do not know in which other online stores will you be able to find it. MAC will be stocking them up soon hopefully!

MAC Hey Sailor Lipsticks are vanilla scented and the packaging is a glossy navy blue tubes having white stripes. The lipsticks are not totally matte and neither moisturising. The consistency is creamy. And the colors are opaque. I really did not like the pictures and swatches of Salute and To Catch A Sailor when I saw them on other websites. And all the shades are dupeable including the one which I tried. I got to know MAC Sail La Vie is very similar to G.Armani lipstick in 401 and Dolce & Gabanna Sheer. But I since I do not own those lipsticks I could not verify the fact.
Copyright © aEsThEtIcS
HAND BAGS



No comments:

Post a Comment