Thursday, August 23, 2012

MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer Review


RATING – 6 OUT OF 10

Recently when I rummaged through the vanity and found no new concealers to try on and write a review on, I decided to buy a MAC concealer. And finally I got this MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer. It contains 10 ml or 0.33 oz of the product, and the price tag is US $ 18. In India it costs approximately, INR Rs 1000. The packaging is quite simple, a tube with a black cap.

What Mac claims about the MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer?  : Liquid camouflage for the skin. Texture-free, virtually invisible. Comes in a tube. Blends in. Brightens and lightens dark areas, erases spots, evens-out skin tones. Makes skin flaw-free. Use pre-foundation, or on its own. Don't reveal it, conceal it!

Just as you apply any concealer, you can apply this MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer too in the same way. Its easily blendable, so I use my finger to apply it around the nose, on the blemishes on my cheeks and chin, and just pat it in the problematic dark areas. The packaging is travel-friendly, no spilling of the concealer! It does not cake, and is not very heavy, having a medium consistency.

Image courtesy : istockphotos
For dry skinned girls this is a great concealer, as this is slightly creamy and is not at all drying. However after using this and going out for long hours, I noticed my skin is breaking out. But gosh, I just cant give this MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer to anyone as this is MAC after all! I mean see the price, you will get 2 concealers from Indian brands within Rs 1000.

The MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer does conceal the slight darker zones, but the stubborn marks on my skin due to acne, need special care and attention to make them invisible. Also I use a full coverage foundation anytime, so the efficiency of this concealer is highly doubtful, as it seems to me this delivers medium coverage. Anyways, as I am having oily skin, this concealer is not much of help for me, as this is way too creamy for me, and also I am getting pimples after using this.
Copyright © aEsThEtIcS
Visit the Sale Section and Save up to 50% on Lingerie
 

2 comments:

  1. Ive used this once n i found it to be gud...mainly used it on my under eye area....

    Nice review.... :)

    http://scribbleyourthoughts.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete