Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Review of Benefit Hoola Bronzer


RATING – 9.5 OUT OF 10

Benefit Hoola Bronzer came to me as a gift along with the Benefit Feelin' Dandy Lip & Cheek Kit (Read review of Benefit Feelin' Dandy Lip & Cheek Kit here) . Believe me I had been yearning to have this for a long long time, and finally when I got it I almost jumped out of my chair. Anyways shall give you that story later someday, lets talk about the bronzer here.

If you want a sculpted face, then bronzer is the most important stuff you need to have in your vanity case. But remember not to overdo the bronzing part, it should not be very distinctly seen by others, blend it in with the blush with which you are gonna top it off, and then obviously to get the healthy glow, you need to add the highlighter. Done, you gonna have something akin to supermodel cheeks.

The packaging is quite nice with maroon and blue colored box, having a mirror on the inside of the top cover. Earlier packaging had the lid which could be detached, but the latest ones are hinged with the lower case. So if you are looking for a natural tan, the Benefit Hoola Bronzer is the best, as it is matte with no shimmers in it.

You are also gonna get a flat cheek brush inside the packaging. But this brush is not the perfect bronzer or contour brush I would say, since it creates difficulty in blending the bronzer. So I use a separate angled cheek or blush brush. You are just going to need only a bit of the product each time, so even though the price of the Benefit Hoola Bronzer is £ 23 approximately, in the long run it seems to be quite affordable, as the bronzer is going to last long.

Some women prefer to use the Benefit Sugarbomb blush on the apples of the cheeks over the Benefit Hoola Bronzer, but as I don’t have the sugarbomb blush, I use whatever blushes I have, and it works fine with any good blush. Obviously I am pretty sure you don’t need a detailed description of how to wear a bronzer as zillions of videos are available on youtube which teach people on how to do that.

Just remember to use only a bit of the bronzer and tap off the excess from the brush before you apply on the cheeks. The application of the bronzer, I mean the amount, depends on how much contouring you want, and on your skin tone too. Not only for the cheeks, you can even apply the Benefit Hoola Bronzer on the jaw line, sides of the nose, temples of your forehead.

I will definitely re-purchase the product, but its very unfortunate that its not available in my country, and I need to bring it from abroad which takes a good deal of time as well as additional expenditure. Whatever, I must add I am truly fond of this Benefit Hoola Bronzer – its just the matte bronzer which I have been looking for such a long time.
Copyright © aEsThEtIcS
Fade to White V-Neck Dress
 

No comments:

Post a Comment