|Picture Courtesy : beautyandtips|
Getting yellow spots on toenails is not a rare case, and many of us have experienced it. The cause can be varied, but the most common is using a low quality nail polish, and not removing it for a long time which leads to growth of fungi on the nails and causes an infection in the nail area. So, if you are facing this problem and want a quick fix, here we offer some tricks as well as nail care homemade remedies which will help you whiten yellow toenails.
If the color of your nails changes, it might indicate fungus growth in toenails. If you don’t wear nail paints but notice your nails getting yellowish and hollow from inside, its most probably a fungal infection. If thats the case, you should treatment at the earliest. You need to get rid of the fungus as soon as possible so that your nails get healed. You may consult a podiatrist for consultation.
|Picture Courtesy : gettyimages|
Nail polishes should be removed after every 2 weeks without fail. Also keep your nails natural without any nail paint for at least 2 days before applying fresh nail paint. If you keep on the nail color for long, it might prevent the nails from breathing properly as nail polishes contain many chemicals. Definitely, using high quality nail polishes can help a lot to improve the condition of nails.
Now, lets talk about home remedies to whiten yellow toe nails.
1. Start off by removing any nail polish that you have on your nails. Then use a polishing nail file to file the nails’ base. This will help to remove the yellow layer on the nails.
2. Take a big bowl or container wherein your feet can be placed. Add two cups of water in it. And mix 6 tablespoonful of baking soda alongwith lemon juice. Put your feet in this mixture and keep it for 5 minutes. After you are done with this, you will notice the yellowish layer would be reduced. Continue this daily until your nails get completely white.
3. There is also another toenail whitening home remedy. Just take a large bowl and put in a cup of hydrogen peroxide in it. Add 4 tablespoonful of baking soda in it and mix everything well. This will remove any yellow spots on the toe nails.
4. Another home remedy for toenail whitening is take a bowl full of white vinegar and dip your feet in it for 5 minutes. Repeat if necessary everyday until the stains are gone.
5. Lemon juice is very effective in toenail whitening at home. Lemon juice is a natural whitener, so not only black spots on skin, but any discoloration on nails will be eliminated with it. So take a bowl full of water and put good amount of lemon juice in it, and soak your feet in it for 10 minutes. You may have to repeat this process, until you get totally white toenails.
If after following these home remedy for nail whitening, you are not happy with the results, or your nails are still yellow, it would be a fungal infection or some other issues which need medical assistance. So you should go visit a doctor for a thorough check-up.
Copyright © aEsThEtIcS