|Image Courtesy : Aestheclinic|
Before getting into the details of how to get rid of stretch marks naturally, lets try to describe stretch marks. Stretch marks are visible marks on the skin’s surface which has off-white color. Its generally found around the abdominal regions, thighs, hips, upper arms ad also breasts.
At times stretch marks can happen over a large surface of the body. There are various reasons behind stretch marks like sudden weight gain or loss, pregnancy, hereditary factors, growth, and even any changes in physical conditions or stress.
|Image Courtesy : promomanila|
As the skin stretches, collagen weakens and normal cycle of production gets hampered. Therefore, below the top layer of the skin, fine scars appear. Initially, the scars appear reddish or pink, but in due course of time thin silver lines appear on the skin’s surface.
Now, there are many ways to reduce stretch marks naturally at home. Read on if you want to try these homemade tips for stretch marks reduction.
Castor Oil – Castor oil is a great oil to get rid of the appearance of stretch marks.
- Apply a bit of castor oil on the areas of stretch marks and massage it for around 10 minutes.
- Next wrap a thin cotton cloth on the areas and put a heating pad. Apply a heating pad on the area and keep it for 30 minutes.
- Repeat this process for everyday for at least 1 month.
|Image Courtesy : medimanage|
Lemon Juice – Lemon juice is very effective if you want to get rid of stretch marks at home. Its basically acidic in nature and helps in reducing any kind of scars.
- Take a fresh slice of lemon and rub it on the stretch marks in circular motion for about 10 minutes. After that, rinse it with lukewarm water.
- Other option is to take equal quantities of lemon and cucumber juices, mix them and put on the stretch marks.
|Image Courtesy : medimoon|
Potato Juice – Potato juice helps in restoration of skin cells because its enriched with vitamins and minerals.
- Cut a potato into thick slices.
- Put one potato slice over the affected area and massage it for 5 minutes. The starch of the potato should cover the stretch marks.
- Once the potato juice dries off, wash it off with warm water.
|Image Courtesy : healthandmindcare|
Aloe Vera – Soothing and healing properties in aloe vera can help reduce the appearance of stretch marks naturally.
- Apply aloe vera gel on the affected area, keep it on for 15 minutes and then wash off with lukewarm water.
- Or else make a mixture of aloe vera gel, oil from Vitamin A and E capsules. Massage this mixture on the skin, till it dries off completely.
|Image Courtesy : glutenfreeschool|
Sugar – Another natural remedy to reduce stretch marks is white sugar.
- Make a mixture of 1 tablespoonful of white sugar, a bit of almond oil and few drops of lemon juice.
- Apply the mixture before going for a shower everyday and massage it for 5-10 minutes.
- Do this every day for a month at least.
Olive Oil – The nutrients and antioxidants present in olive oil helps to get rid of stretch marks naturally.
- Take a bit of warm extra-virgin olive oil on the stretch marks and massage it. This will improve the blood circulation and reduce stretch marks.
- Keep it on the skin until Vitamins A, D, E are absorbed into the skin.
- As a moisturizer, you can mix olive oil with water and vinegar and apply it on any dry spots and even on the stretch marks.
Copyright © aEsTheTiCs